Friday, April 11, 2008

Unionbank EON

Here in the Philippines, I had a bit of a problem when I tried to apply for a paypal account, since I didn't have a Mastercard or a Visa credit card available. Good thing the admin gave me some tips on how to organize the payment method. She informed me of a savings account by Unionbank that accepts paypal without the hassle. Unionbank's EON account is/was (I don't know if its still holds true nowadays) the only savings account that offered services for paypal. The reason why I needed to have an account here is for me to be able to withdraw from an atm the money that is inside my paypal account.

So I applied for an account online. After filling up the necessary information, they told me I just needed to wait around 3-5 business days for processing. You can choose the nearest Unionbank center in your area on where you wish it to be picked up for convenience.

You can just go to their site and click the EON Cyber Account Link, from there you can start off signing up for an account.

I got an email during withing the 3-5 day time frame saying I could now pick up the card at the local branch. I went to the bank and paid my amount (P350) for the annual fee. So, I now got a Visa Electron!

Note: Guys, you can just use your credit card if you wish to apply for paypal, but for ease of use and I don't want to mix expenses and earnings, I'd rather suggest you apply for one. For me, this is also more secure.

No comments: