Wednesday, April 16, 2008

from a reader

I'm so glad that somebody took the time to email me when I posted a topic in istorya. With her permission, I'm putting her response here since she's interested with how I'm able to earn online; so in turn, people who are interested with the idea may also find some useful tips in return.

This is an edited version, I converted some words to English. hehe.

Hi, Ed...is your name Ed?

Anyway, I find your post here about earning through blogging very interesting. It's very nice of you to share this information to help others.

I've been blogging for a year now (on and off though), and I didn't know you could get paid for your blog posts. I would love to know more about it, if you don't mind helping me out. I spend quite a decent amount of time online, and I think it would be best to get something good (like money, perhaps) out of it. I'm married with kids, and I could use whatever little (or big) income that I could get to help the husband with the expenses.

Anyway, I've read your blogs, and and I got intrigued by them. So all I need to do is do the same things that you suggested there? I have an existing Unionbank savings account (Visa), can I use that? How do I link that to a Paypal account?

As for posting...how exactly do you post to get paid? I mean, should you always write about products all the time? I read your Siargao series and it was fun. Did you get paid for it? Can you blog about personal stuff, too? I'll read more of your blog to be able to understand more about this paid post thing. Hehe!

Sorry, I have so many questions. You don't have to answer any of them, but I would appreciate any help or input though. Here is my email address: xxxxxxxx@gmail.com. You can email me there if you're not comfortable with Istorya or anything.

Again, thanks for sharing your "secret" to success. Hehe! Godspeed to you, and may your blog continue to rake in all those moolah. Hehe!

Best regards,
Lourie

This is my reply

Hi Laurie... Laurie is your name as well, right?

Thank you for your long message. That's actually what I want to share here to other people. Since I know my blog's not that high in traffic, and I believe I can reach out to more people using forums. I'm trying to regularly update my other site. Here's the thing, my own blog is at http://soloflighted.com, while the entries on how I was able to earn online is thru http://edearns.blogspot.com. Don't call me nice though, hehe.

Anyway, thanks for reading my post in istorya! hehe. I was able to blog for 3 years for the sole purpose of blogging. Until a friend informed me that I could earn while at it. Honestly, there was a point that I stopped blogging, but I was able to return to this hobby because of this new-found interest of earning money. Especially since my family and I are not that well-off in life. I have 4 other siblings and my parents don't have a stable job. I stopped school cause it's a bit expensive and there are a number of things I want to do that I can't. I already have a job but I feel it's still not enough. That's why I just want to help other people as well, just to spread the news. When I talk to people at work about blogging, some wouldn't believe and find the idea tiring. So I decided to just find other people to talk about it.

About posting... you need to apply for paid post accounts online. That is your blog needs to be approved by paid sites. There are sites who are accepting advertisers and bloggers. The advertisers are the one who are looking for bloggers to write a particular topic and link it to their website. All you have to do is meet their requirements (e.g. you have to update your blog regularly, there should be an X minimum of entries, it should be at least 3 months old, etc.).

Honestly, I'm not the one who applied for my site, since my domain, soloflighted.com, is still a bit new. I didn't have enough hits or traffic. I was just able to migrate all my entries from an old blog to my new one so that explains why I don't have a lot of visitors despite the long list of entries since 2003.

About paypal, I'm not so sure about the savings account. But it should accept a credit card. I think it's okay cause you said it's a Visa. First you have to sign up for a paypal account, then it will ask you to type your card number so you can link them together. From there, you will most likely know what to do.

Lastly, about Siargao, no, those were personal entries; your entries should be balanced.

Thanks again for taking the time to read and actually sending me a message! By the way, is it alright if I put your message in my blog to let other people know about it? So I can add another entry to my site. hehe.

Take care,
Edcel

No comments: