Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Google Adsense

Google adsense are the advertisements placed mostly on every site that you go to. According to most people, this is where they earn the most income when it comes to ads.

You can apply an account online through the adsense home. Once you apply, it will ask you for your billing information and such. Afterwards, you're all set to place some ads in your blog!

Note: The only blog I believe that can let you maximize where you place your ads as well as get the actual amount of how your earnings through it is thru Blogger, because right now, Blogger is powered by Google.

Going back to my application in adsense, there was suddenly an added security feature wherein you had enter a Security PIN coming from Google itself. The security pin will let you authenticate your address to make sure that you are where you are. For me, I just woke up one morning and received a letter from a mailman. I didn't even believe I'd get one, since I'm in the Philippines and I don't really trust the postal services unless it's governed by a private company. Anyway, it took me around 2 weeks to get that PIN; after entering it on the site, my account was verified!

The good thing about it is you can just use Western Union as the mode of payment. Once you reach a $100, then you can start withdrawing it through the different centers in your area.

The problem is that soloflighted.com's just new and it's not gaining that much traffic, hence the less amount of earnings.

The reason why there are a number of networking sites (to the best of my knowledge) like maybe friendster, facebook, multiply etc. are free is because the world wide web is all about generating hits or traffic. In order for your site to generate a lot of moolah over adsense, you need to have a lot of visitors. As you can see there are different advertisements whenever you load a page in these social sites. That's part of the strategies for them to earn. I was already placing ads on my site, but honestly, since I don't have that much traffic, this is not where I'm generating most of my income.

A very important tip warning: Never, never, never, NEVER, NEVER click on your own ads! It violates the purpose and the terms and agreement with Google, and they will ban you once they find out. After banning you, you can't apply again under your name. So again, save yourself and just don't.

Coming up: Paid Post Sites --> where I generate most of my income

2 comments:

Scott Lackey said...

good work....informative and well considered. keep it up.

Edcel said...

thanks for the visit scott!