Wednesday, April 23, 2008

traffic

As said in the previous post, we're going to talk about how soloflighted.com started to gain traffic to my site..

  1. Submitted my site to Google
  1. Told some of my friends about it to add to the traffic.
  1. Blog-hopped, left some comments and exchanged links - the rule is usually i scratch your back, you scratch mine.
  1. Applied for blog networks (blogcatalog, mybloglog).
  1. Posted my site to forums (caution: don't post your site to just about anywhere if you feel you might get fired from your work because of the content of your entries).
  1. Put pictures on my site - right now, most people are more inclined to seeing pictures in sites rather than read the entries. Although the articles are supposed to be the main attractions of your site, readers would catch sight of pictures first.
  1. Post entries that are of good quality. It's useless if you just post spam in your site; as eventually, people will want to read more on the content of your entries rather than just a bunch of hullabaloos; unless of course your hullabaloos are worth reading.

Caution: Don't post your site to just about anywhere if you feel you don't want a lot of people you know to read your blogs; or if you feel you might get fired from your work because of the content of your entries talking about work! Be sensible enough. Remember that these are just what I did for my site.

I know there are a number of ways on how to increase traffic, but I'm taking my time slowly now. Besides, this is all that I know. hehe. If you have some more tips, you can post them in the comment section; as I'm also willing to learn more. I'm finding some ways *ehem* proper ways in order to attract good traffic on my site.

No comments: