Thursday, September 18, 2008

upset over Unionbank EON's TXN Password

I'm just upset right now. I'm upset over Unionbank EON's Reset TXN (Transaction) Password feature. This is a new security feature of Unionbank whenever I'd try to log in to my online account to check my funds online.

As what was stated in my previous entry, I couldn't get passed the Change Transaction Password page wherein it's asking me to enter my current password and type in a new one.

Again, I can't change my transaction password because I DON'T know what my TRANSACTION password is!!!

I already called Unionbank in some of the branches here in Cebu and they told me that they can only email the internet security team to reset my password. To be fair, Unionbank's internet Security team was quick in replying stating that they've sent a RESET for my current transaction password and that I just have to go to the "My Account" option to change it. Here's the copy of the email that I received:

Subject: Transaction Password Reset Procedure
From: "internetsecurity"
Message:
Please be advised that your transaction password has been reset. You will be asked to nominate a new transaction password. Please follow the following procedure:

1.) Login online using your USER ID and ATM PIN as your Login password.

2.) Upon successful login - check out the alert "RESET TRANSACTION PASSWORD NOW"

3.) Go to "MY PROFILE" then, on the left side click "RESET TRANSACTION PASSWORD"

4.) Upon clicking the "RESET TRANSACTION PASSWORD" the system will prompt a confirmation

5.) Upon confirmation, the system will prompt you the default password - it will be the last or first 10 digits of your ATM card number. Please make sure that the new password you are going to nominate is different from your old password.

6.) The system will prompt you for a successful "password change"

Regards,

EBANKING SERVICES

Now the only problem is I still can't get passed that "Change Transaction Password" page, there's NO option for me to go to that page.

I called the customer service hotline (1-800-1888-2277) of UnionBank since the different branches here in Cebu couldn't do much. A customer service rep named "Mark" answered the phone and after going through the whole explanation again, he informed me that he was going to send an email to reset the password. That's when I had to reiterate that there's NO PROBLEM WITH THE PASSWORD. The problem is I CAN'T get passed the screen already to go to the "My Accounts" tab.

He told me to just expect a response to the email that I provided him within 24 hours but up to now (3 days), I haven't received any response. I'm afraid I'd have to call back again and explain... AGAIN.

Notice that I wrote some of my words in caps and I don't care as much anymore because I'm just upset over the hassle that this has caused me. Somebody at Unionbank, please answer and fix this problem!

6 comments:

Mr. Millionaire said...

Yup.. I've encountered the same problem... anyway check out this website www.philippinebestwebdesign.com...

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have currently facing this problem now and i don't know what to do yet since there is no help support for this kind of issue..do you have an update how do you pass that change password transaction page?

Thanks for response.

Dennis

Anonymous said...

I encountered the same thing! I reported the problem Feb. 3 in both email and telephone customer service. Parehong walang nagawa. I was told the same script - wait for email of internet security. When I called hotline, wait for text notification (I gave my cellphone number) within the next 3 days. That was Feb. 3. Nothing up to now.

Myra

Anonymous said...

I don't receive email from there internet security support when i called them as they promise that i will receive a confirmation of how can i reset the transaction password after 2 days. Then regularly i checked my email account hoping that i will receive an email but nothing.

I'm just surprised when i open my account on EON site that's it! i was able to go to main page without prompting to change the transaction password. I reset immediately my txn password keep it so i will not facing any trouble in the future.

Anonymous said...

Anybody here who knows the email of any high ranking officer of Unionbank or better yet the President of Unionbank? I don't think we can get any "service" from their customer service.

Anonymous said...

ME too! I was so excited to pay my meralco bills but that freaking transaction password Freaked me out . i entered those possible passwords until i consumed the limit of entering the password. now my transcation will be reset in 50 days! DARN IT! WHO WOULD BE HAPPY ABOUT THIS?? Freaking unionbank...Im so upset.....I failed Miserably!

gary - 09279869906